Electro Tape’s 75AW Series vinyl electrical tape is a highly conformable 8 mil thick vinyl plastic tape which can be used under all weather conditions and is designed to perform in temperature environments up to 80°C (176°F). 75AW has excellent resistance to: acids, alkalies, abrasion, moisture, corrosion and varying weather conditions (i.e.: sunlight). 75AW with its memory (elasticity), 8 mil thickness and adhesion characteristics, provides moisture-tight electrical and mechanical protection.
• Polyvinyl chloride (PVC backing).
• Pressure sensitive (rubber based adhesive).
• Memory (elasticity) of the tape allows it to hold tightly and provide pressure without slipping or flagging.
• Compatible with all solid dielectric cable insulations.
• Highly resistant to chemical attack, ultra violet light and physical abuse.
• Flame retardant, cold and weather resistant.
• Meets UL510 requirements.
• Will not crack, split, slip or flag when exposed to various environments.
• Primary electrical insulation for all wire and cable splices up to 600 volts and 80°C (176°F).
• For wire and cable harnessing.
• Excellent abrasion resistance for high voltage cable splices and termination (forms a protective jacket).
Normal temperature rating – UL: 80°C
Color Black Thickness (ASTM D-1000 78): 8 mils
Adhesion to steel (ASTM D-1000 78 72°F): 23 oz/in
Adhesion to backing (ASTM D-1000 78 72°F): 21 oz/in
Breaking strength (ASTM D-1000 78 72°F): 22 lb/in
Flammability UL (ASTM D-1000 78): 0-3 sec
Accelerated aging (MIL I 7798 A): 80%
Elongation (ASTM D-1000 78 72°F): 200%
Dielectric Strength (volts): 9500
Dielectric Wet (volts): 5550
Electrolytic corrosion (ratio): 1.0
Insulation resistance megohms (ASTM D-1000 78): 1 X 1014th
Water absorption: 1%
Copper corrosion (MIL I 7798 A): Pass
Resistance to ultraviolet light: Pass
Resistance to alkalies: Excellent