Our 43L Series Rubber Splicing Tape is a linered, pressure sensitive adhesive with an elastomeric backing that is self-fusing when wrapped upon itself. The elastomer is an EPR rubber based electrical grade compound.
- Self-fusing and highly conformable producing tight, moisture resistant insulation without loss of electrical properties when elongated.
- Rated for up to 90°C continuous operating temperature and intermittent service at 130°C. Will not crack at –40°C.
- Flame Retardant. Meets industry standards for flame retardancy as defined by IEEE std. 27-1974 ANSI.
- Meets ASTM D4388 specifications.
- Use as primary electric insulation for low and high voltage applications through 69 kV
- Electrical splices
Color (visual): Black
Thickness: 30 mils
Tensile Strength: 300 psi
Ultimate Elongation: 875%
Operating Temperature: 90°C
Emergency Overload: 140°C
Thermal Conductivity: 0.177 W/moK
Ozone Resistance: Pass
Heat Resistance: Pass
UV Resistance: Pass
Dielectric Strength –Original: 825 volts / mil
24 hrs in H2O: 720 volts / mil
96 hrs @ 23°C 96% humidity: 800 volts / mil
Volume Resistivity –Original: >1018 ohm-cm
Aged 96 hrs @ 23C 96% RH: >1017 ohm-cm
Dielectric Constant: 1200 volts @ 60 Hz