Our 214 Series Audio/Video Cord Hold Down Cloth Tape is a multi-purpose polyethylene (PE) coated LOW GLOSS cloth gaffers-like tape. Strong cloth/film backing with a matte finish. Aggressive, yet highly cohesive adhesive allows for use in hold-down of audio, video, and electrical cables and other materials – while removing clean off most surfaces (surface type and dwell time may affect performance). Tape is conformable and offers excellent moisture and abrasion resistance. More economical than premium cloth gaffers’ tape in applications where low gloss surface is allowed!
Color: Matte Black
Backing: PE coated PET/Cotton Cloth
Adhesive: Natural Rubber w/ Synthetic Resin
Thickness: 11.8 mils
Tensile strength: 31.4 lb/in
Adhesion to Steel: 43 oz/in
Ball Tack to Steel Ball: No. 22
Elongation at Break: 10%
Recommended Storage Conditions: 40-60% humidity, 60°F-80°F
Standard Shelf Life (at 25°C): 36 months from date of manufacture
NOTICE: The physical and performance characteristics shown are averages obtained from tests recommended by ASTM, government agencies or our own procedures. A particular roll may vary slightly from these averages and it is recommended that the purchaser determine the suitability for his own purpose.
- Widely used for trade center convention setups, concerts, tradeshows, school plays, etc.
- Marking stages – “spike” tape
- Used in photography studios to protect and hold down wires for lighting, props, etc.
- Book binding, patching, and repair of synthetic fabrics (i.e. seat repair)
- General industrial applications for bundling and sealing where hearty, clean removal adhesive and strong tape properties are key